Monday, December 13, 2021 / by Shane Kilby
From our team to your family, we want to wish you a happy holiday season.
Happy holidays to you!
The holiday season has officially arrived. We hope you enjoy this wonderful time of year and make some fantastic memories.
We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your continued support. We love helping people make their real estate dreams come true, so thank you for working with us and supporting our business.
This may be a busy time of year, but we are always here to help you and answer any questions you may have. Give us a call or reply to this email; we’d love to help you.
In case we don’t hear from you until 2022, have a happy New Year!
Monday, November 15, 2021 / by Shane Kilby
Here is your fall update on our Northern Alabama real estate market.
It is the fall 2021 Holiday season. We are super excited and we hope you are too. We wanted to take this time to wish you a happy Thanksgiving. We’ve accomplished a lot this year, and we wouldn’t be here today without your support. We hope you have a great Thanksgiving dinner.
Now let’s talk about the state of the market this fall:
The statistics show that we might be at a peak right now. That’s not a bad thing, but it does mean that our appreciation might slow. For the last 10 months, Alabama has seen about 15.5% appreciation. Our 2022 forecast is around 5% to 6% appreciation.
We’re looking at a cumulative appreciation of 31.8% by 2025. So adding together the expected appreciation of 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, and 2025, we should have just over 30%. If you purchased a $300,000 property in 2021 and plan to sell it in the peak of 2025, it should be wo ...
Monday, November 1, 2021 / by Shane Kilby
Here are seven tips to help prepare your home for the cold weather.
Buyers and sellers usually ask how they can prepare their homes for the cold weather around this time. I have some tips that’ll help keep your home energy efficient and damage-free.
1. Clean out your gutters where it can freeze and cause damage.
2. Winterize outdoor pipes. Check anywhere there might be exposed pipes, like under the home or in the attic, and insulate these areas as much as possible.
3. Install an emergency release on your pipes. This is a release valve that lets you release some built-up pressure and keep pipes from bursting. Newer homes may already have this.
4. Keep your thermostat set a bit lower. If you set your thermostat at 65 or 66 degrees, it’ll still keep your home feeling nice and toasty compared to outside while saving quite a bit on your bill.
5. Get your HVAC system inspected. You want to make sure any wear and tear or missing parts are addressed in adv ...
Monday, October 18, 2021 / by Shane Kilby
Here's a closer look at the latest real estate market data this fall.
As we head further into fall, I wanted to bring you a comprehensive update on our real estate market. Buyers and sellers alike are asking me about what we can expect in the immediate future.
Feel free to watch the full message, or use these timestamps to browse specific topics at your leisure:
0:36 — When is the market going to crash? Is it going to crash at all?
1:12 — An update on mortgage rates
1:55 — Taking a closer look at home appreciation trends
2:43 — Why our inventory plays a major factor in the health of our market
4:08 — How long are homes taking to sell, and how does that compare to historical data?
5:17 — How many offers do listings get on average right now?
7:30 — Final thoughts
If you have questions about the stats in today’s video or anything else rela. ...
Tuesday, September 21, 2021 / by Shane Kilby
Here are my key factors to consider when refinancing your mortgage.
Is now a good time to refinance your home? Today I want to help answer that question and go over a few key points you should consider:
1. Your current interest rate. The first thing you should consider when refinancing your home is your current interest rate. This is the biggest factor in terms of how much you could save, so it’s important to keep it in mind.
2. Monthly savings. When you compare your current interest rate with what is possible, how much do you save every month? It’s important to talk about this with a trusted lender.
3. Length of time on the mortgage. Even if you can save money by refinancing, you need to consider how much is left on your mortgage. If it’s almost paid off, you should consider if it is worth refinancing. On the other hand, saving even a little bit of money can pay off over time.
4. Your new interest rate. This is the big one. Right . ...